Browsing 6 item(s) in:

Adams-Cates Company Photographs

Search this Collection


 

Adams-Cates Company photographs, 1951 (VIS 144)

Adams-Cates Company (currently known as Grubb & Ellis Atlanta) is a real estate firm located in Atlanta, Georgia. The company has been involved in commercial developments in the city of Atlanta, including Peachtree Center, Davison's Department Store, the Equitable Building, and dozens of office parks and shopping malls throughout the metropolitan region. This collection contains aerial photographs produced to assist Adams-Cates Company in the development of commercial real estate in the metropolitan Atlanta area. The photographs document the construction of the interstate system around the cities of Atlanta and Decatur, the growth of the skyline of downtown Atlanta, and the largely rural landscape of Cobb, Gwinnett, Douglas, Hall and Newton counties. Included are photographs of the Atlanta Municipal Airport, Fulton County Airport, Peachtree-DeKalb Airport, the General Motors Plant in Doraville, Inman Yard, the Chattahoochee River, East Lake Golf Course, the Farmers Market in Forest Park, and numerous shopping centers, neighborhoods, drive-in theaters, and industrial areas. Digitized images in this collection include aerials of downtown Atlanta taken in 1951.
 

The Fred Adams-Cates Company photograph collection contains 327 black and white photographic prints, 6 of which are digitized and available on this database. To view the rest of the images, please visit the Kenan Research Center.
 

The Kenan Research Center is located at 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30305. Our hours of operation are 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Wednesday – Saturday. You may contact us by calling 404.814.4040 or emailing at reference@atlantahistorycenter.com.


Digitization of this collection is made possible in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.