Browsing 14 item(s) in:

Adolph Rosenberg Photographs

Search this Collection


 

Adolph Rosenberg photographs, 1945-1955 (VIS 124)

Adolph Rosenberg was a journalist who became the editor of the “Southern Israelite” after serving as a reporter for the Atlanta Journal and the Atlanta Constitution. A varied collection, these photographs are a mixture of images of rural areas in Fulton County, images relating to Atlanta’s Jewish community, military photographs, and photographs of an elementary class. Most of the images in the collection were taken by Rosenburg, but several were not. Fulton County images include buildings, stores, farms, and Oakland Cemetery in Atlanta. Images of Atlanta’s Jewish community include group portraits of officers from a synagogue in Gainesville, Georgia, and members of the Atlanta Brandeis University Associates. Also included are photographs of Or Ve Shalon Synagogue in Atlanta. Images that Rosenberg collected include military photographs of Jewish soldiers, and a copy of a daguerreotype depicting unidentified girls from Atlanta in the antebellum era. Other images include classroom photographs of Atlanta’s Howell School and an image of a returning soldier after World War II.

The Adolph Rosenberg photograph collection contains 52 black and white photographic prints, 14 of which are digitized and available on this database. To view the rest of the images, please visit the Kenan Research Center.
 
The Kenan Research Center is located at 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, Georgia 30305. Our hours of operation are 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Wednesday – Saturday. You may contact us by calling 404.814.4040 or emailing at reference@atlantahistorycenter.com.

Digitization of this collection is made possible in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.