VIS 111.12.01 Terminal Station

Terminal Station

Title Terminal Station
Photographer Pyron, Berry O.
Description View of an architectural detail on Terminal Station, a railroad depot in Atlanta, Georgia.
Geographic Location Atlanta (Ga.)
Subject Railroad facilities--Georgia--Atlanta
Railroad stations--Georgia--Atlanta
Architectural elements--Georgia--Atlanta
Sculpture--Georgia--Atlanta
Corporate Name Terminal Station (Atlanta, Ga.)
Date Original 1970
Date Digital 2006
Type 35 mm color transparency;
Digital Format JPEG
Catalogue Number VIS 111.12.01
Collection Berry O. Pyron Photographs
Publisher Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305
Rights This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission ofr use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Notes Terminal Station was designed in the Beaux-Arts style by Washington architect P. Thornton Marye, and built by Atlanta contractors Gude & Walker. The structure was completed in 1905 and the station was later renovated in 1947. Terminal Station was at Mitchell and Spring Streets, until its demolition in 1972.
Source ahc111012001a.jpg