VIS 99.195.01 Boys High

Boys High

Title Boys High
Photographer Wilson, Bill (William Bryan), 1914-1993
Description View of members of the Boys High School Class of 1909 posing for a portrait in Atlanta, Georgia.
Geographic Location Atlanta (Ga.)
Subject Schools--Georgia--Atlanta
Reunions--Georgia
Events--Georgia--Atlanta
Commemorations--Georgia--Atlanta
Suits (Clothing)--1960-1970
Older people--Georgia--Atlanta
Corporate Name Boys High School (Atlanta, Ga.)
Date Original 1964
Date Digital 2006
Type 4 x 5 in. black and white negative
Digital Format JPEG
Catalogue Number VIS 99.195.01
Collection Bill Wilson Photographs
Publisher Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, GA 30305
Rights This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission ofr use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Notes Established in 1872, Boys' High School was one of the first public schools in the city of Atlanta. It remained a school for white males until it merged with Girls High and Tech High in 1947 to form Henry Grady High School. It was integrated in 1961. The school occupied several locations throughout the city until 1924, when it was re-located to Charles Allen Drive and 10th Street.
Source ahc099195001a.jpg