VIS 166.57.01 Fire Headquarters

Fire Headquarters

Title Fire Headquarters
Photographer Unknown;
Description View of Chief Engineer W. B. Cummings and Secretary to the Chief G. B. Carlton in his office on the second floor over No. 1 fire station on West Alabama Street in Atlanta, Georgia.
Geographic Location Atlanta (Ga.)
Subject Fire fighters--Georgia--Atlanta
Fire stations--Georgia--Atlanta
Offices--Georgia--Atlanta
Interiors--Georgia--Atlanta
Men--1900-1910
Clothing & dress--1900-1910
Personal Name Cummings, William Bacon, 1906-1915
Carlton G. B.
Corporate Name Atlanta Fire Department (Atlanta, Ga.)
Atlanta Fire Department (Atlanta, Ga.). Fire Station No. 1
Date Original 1907
Date Digital 2006
Type 5 x 7 in. sepia tone silver gelatin print;
Digital Format JPEG
Catalogue Number VIS 166.57.01
Collection Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs
Related Collections MSS 587, Steve B. Campbell Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center
Publisher Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305
Rights This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission ofr use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Notes The City of Atlanta Fire department was established in 1848 with volunteer firefighters. The last volunteer fire chiefs were elected in 1882. The Atlanta Fire Department continues service today with the mission to "To prevent or mitigate harm to life, property and the environment."
Source ahc166057001a.jpg