VIS 166.19.01 Atlanta Fire Station No. 4, Engine House No. 4

Atlanta Fire Station No. 4, Engine House No. 4

Title Atlanta Fire Station No. 4, Engine House No. 4
Photographer Unknown;
Caption [further information on reverse of image]
Description Group portrait of Atlanta Fire Station No. 4 at 85-87 North Pryor Street. Identified are A. B. Rogers, John Rozetta, L. C. Varnedoe, H. P. Haney, G. C. Courtney and Joseph Curran.
Geographic Location Atlanta (Ga.)
Pryor Street (Atlanta, Ga.)
Subject Fire fighters--Georgia--Atlanta
Men--1890-1900
Uniforms--1890-1900
Fire stations--Georgia--Atlanta
Personal Name Rogers, A. B.
Rozetta, John
Varnedoe, L. C.
Haney, H. P.
Courtney, G. C.
Curran, Joseph
Corporate Name Atlanta Fire Department (Atlanta, Ga.)
Atlanta Fire Department (Atlanta, Ga.). Fire Station No. 4
Date Original 1897
Date Digital 2006
Type 8 x 10 in. sepia tone silver gelatin print;
Digital Format JPEG
Catalogue Number VIS 166.19.01
Collection Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs
Related Collections MSS 587, Steve B. Campbell Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center
Publisher Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305
Rights This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission ofr use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Notes The City of Atlanta Fire department was established in 1848 with volunteer firefighters. The last volunteer fire chiefs were elected in 1882. The Atlanta Fire Department continues service today with the mission to "To prevent or mitigate harm to life, property and the environment."
Source ahc166019001a.jpg