VIS 166.63.01 Atlanta & West Point Railroad Freight Depot

Atlanta & West Point Railroad Freight Depot

Title Atlanta & West Point Railroad Freight Depot
Photographer Unknown
Description View of the Atlanta & West Point Railroad Freight Depot in Atlanta, Georgia.
Geographic Location Atlanta (Ga.)
Subject Railroad companies--Georgia--Atlanta
Railroad facilities--Georgia--Atlanta
Railroad stations--Georgia--Atlanta
Building deterioration--Georgia--Atlanta
Fire
Corporate Name Atlanta and West Point Rail Road Company
Date Original 1972
Date Digital 2006
Type 3 x 3 in. color print;
Digital Format JPEG
Catalogue Number VIS 166.63.01
Collection Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs
Related Collections MSS 587, Steve B. Campbell Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center
Publisher Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305
Rights This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission ofr use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Notes The Atlanta & West Point Rail Road, originally called the LaGrange Railroad, was completed in May, 1854, and renamed the Atlanta & West Point Rail Road in 1857. It was an 80-mile line from East Point, about six miles southwest of Atlanta, to LaGrange and West Point. The line was a major impetus to Atlanta's emergence as a rail center.
Source ahc166063001a.jpg