VIS 166.26.01 Atlanta Fire Department

Atlanta Fire Department

Title Atlanta Fire Department
Photographer Unknown
Description View of members of Atlanta Fire Station No. 5, Engine and Hose Company No. 5 at Madison Avenue (now Spring Street) and West Peters Street (now Trinity Avenue). Seated front; Captain J. O. Hall and Chief W. B. Cody.
Geographic Location Atlanta (Ga.)
Subject Fire fighters--Georgia--Atlanta
Men--1910-1920
Uniforms--1910-1920
Fire stations--Georgia--Atlanta
Group portraits
Personal Name Cody, William B., 1915-1929
Hall, J. O.
Corporate Name Atlanta Fire Department (Atlanta, Ga.)
Atlanta Fire Department (Atlanta, Ga.). Fire Station No. 5
Date Original 1916
Date Digital 2006
Type 4 x 5 in. sepia tone silver gelatin print;
Digital Format JPEG
Catalogue Number VIS 166.26.01
Collection Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs
Related Collections MSS 587, Steve B. Campbell Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center
Publisher Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305
Rights This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission ofr use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Notes The City of Atlanta Fire department was established in 1848 with volunteer firefighters. The last volunteer fire chiefs were elected in 1882. The Atlanta Fire Department continues service today with the mission to "To prevent or mitigate harm to life, property and the environment."
Source ahc166026001a.jpg