VIS 166.40.02 Atlanta Fire Station No. 12

Atlanta Fire Station No. 12

Title Atlanta Fire Station No. 12
Photographer Unknown;
Description View of Engineer J. D. Cottingham and Captain W. B. Harrison test driving the Atlanta Fire Department's first motorized triple combination fire engine at DeKalb and Moreland Avenues in Atlanta, Georgia.
Geographic Location Atlanta (Ga.)
DeKalb Avenue (Atlanta, Ga.)
Moreland Avenue (Atlanta, Ga.)
Subject Fire engines--1900-1910
Vehicles--Georgia--Atlanta
Personal Name Cottingham, J. D.
Harrison, W. B.
Corporate Name Atlanta Fire Department (Atlanta, Ga.)
Date Original 1911 February 1
Date Digital 2006
Type 8 x 10 in. sepia tone silver gelatin print;
Digital Format JPEG
Catalogue Number VIS 166.40.02
Collection Steve B. Campbell Atlanta Fire Department Photographs
Related Collections MSS 587, Steve B. Campbell Papers, Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center
Publisher Kenan Research Center, Atlanta History Center, 130 West Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta GA 30305
Rights This material is protected by copyright law. (Title 17, U.S Code) Permission ofr use must be cleared through The Kenan Research Center at the Atlanta History Center. Licensing agreement may be required.
Notes The City of Atlanta Fire department was established in 1848 with volunteer firefighters. The last volunteer fire chiefs were elected in 1882. The Atlanta Fire Department continues service today with the mission to "To prevent or mitigate harm to life, property and the environment."
Source ahc166040002a.jpg